When you think about personal hygiene and household cleaning echoes the name of a giant company: Unilever, and this company Anglo-Dutch origin it has been authorized by the Cuban authorities to start operations on the island in 2017.
This is because Unilever may install in the Special Area Development Mariel port a joint venture with the state company Intersuchel, conducting an investment exceeding 35 million USD.
Both Unilever executives such as Intersuchel said the new joint venture will start producing in late 2017, to place products both personal care and home care in the Cuban market, leading a line of brands that have international support, as Rexona, Close-Up, Sunsilk, Lux and Omo, among others.
This announcement is related to the visit made by the Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation of the Netherlands, Liliana Ploumen to Cuba, along with 77 representatives of various Dutch companies, for various investments on the island with Cuban partners.
In the case of the joint venture between Unilever and Intersuchel, the Anglo-Dutch company will provide 60% of the capital while the state company will contribute the remaining 40%, with the intention to stimulate the economy by creating about 300 direct jobs.
This project is the ninth authorizing the government of Cuba to settle in the area Mariel (the other 8 projects, five are 100% foreign capital), which will be a business center and also a merchant mega-port, which would facilitate the installation of foreign capital companies.
open doors to education. There are also many imports now thanks to envios maritimos a cuba from all over the world.
Not only they have opened up many opportunities for foreign companies that are committed to the growth of the island, but also a consortium of nine universities in the educational elite of the United States, have created permanent on the island fixed headquarters, taking advantage of the regulations announced at the end of 2015 by the Obama administration that would allow to have a physical presence in Cuba.
The Consortium for Advanced Study Abroad (CASA), chaired by Brown University with the participation of other large houses of study, with the intention of bringing small groups of students to Cuba during the school period fall to study various chairs Cuban and Caribbean studies.
In this regard, historian Adrian Lopez Denis, thinks that with the expansion of these programs in the future Cuban students will also travel to the United States for classes for one semester.